The COCISOH subspecialization in History is aimed at students from different programs who are interested and passionate about continuous communication between the present and the past. Students who have chosen this subspecialization come from various disciplines and are curious to understand the dialogue between the past and the present.
- The objectives of this subspecialization are for students to:
- Understand the causal relationships in the historical future, especially in Ecuador and Latin America.
- Investigate and reflect critically on the historical processes that have impacted the current situation of the country, the region, and the continent.
- Value the permanent dialogue between the past and the present.
- It is strongly recommended that before taking Level 3000 subjects for the History subspecialization, students take the Academic Writing course.
- It is strongly recommended that before taking the courses for subspecialization, students have passed at least level 5 of English, as many of the readings are in English.